Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tzatziki Potato Salad

I had some leftover tzatziki sauce from the falafel I made at the end of last week.  I also had a bag of organic red skinned potatoes that I didn't want to go to waste. Then I saw this recipe come across my Google Reader.


I thought I could boil just enough potatoes to use up the tzatziki but looking back I now realize I was lying to myself. Upon tasting, I made more tzatziki and I boiled more potatoes.






I never would have thought to combine cool, tart tzatziki with starchy potatoes. To someone who never tires of classic potato salad, this variation is strange, new, and delightful.


Tzatziki Potato Salad
Adapted from smitten kitchen
Yields: 8-10 servings
Difficulty: Easy


2 1/2 - 3 lbs red skin potatoes, cubed
1 1/2 c. 2% greek yogurt
2 small organic cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
1 Tbsp fresh chopped dill + more to taste
Fresh squeezed juice of 1 lemon
Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste


Cook potatoes in salted boiling water until al dente.


While potatoes cook, combine greek yogurt, cucumber, dill, lemon juice, S+P.


Drain potatoes and combine with tzatzkiki sauce. Chill before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment